Welcome to Love My Rotto, a place to share photos, videos and stories and meet other people who love Rottnest Island. We are excited to see and hear all about your Rotto adventure!
These Community Guidelines are here to help you understand the types of photos, videos and stories we want you to upload to our site, and how to best engage with other community members. We can’t monitor every post made on the Love My Rotto website, so help us keep the community great by following these simple rules:
- It’s all about Rottnest Island! We think Rottnest Island is a fantastic place, and we hope you do too. That’s why we want you to share all the photos you took of the sparkling water and delicious baked goods, upload that video of the crazy Quokka and tell us all about the humpback whales you saw. We are sure you have great photos, videos and stories from your other holidays, but they do not belong on the Love My Rotto website and will be removed.
- Be original! Respect the copyright of others. Only upload content you made or that you are permitted to use (for example, a friend might give you permission to upload some photos they took). This means no photos, stories, videos or any other stuff you’ve found on the Internet which you did not create or do not have the permission to use.
- Be good, play nice! Love My Rotto is not a venue for you to harass, abuse, offend, impersonate or intimidate others. Watch out not to make any defamatory or discriminatory comments. Don’t submit anything obscene, shocking, misleading or otherwise objectionable or unlawful, and no nudity, sexually explicit conduct or other stuff of bad taste. We will take this type of content down and we might delete your user account.
- Be silly but not stupid! Have fun when creating your content without doing anything unsafe or illegal. If we find you doing this, we will remove your content and might delete your account.
- Privacy matters! Don't publicize other people's private information like their personal email address or phone number. Make sure you have the OK from all the people (and the owners of locations) featured in your content to upload it onto our site. With kids under 18 years old you’ll need to get permission from parents or guardians.
- Use our site if you’re 13 years old or older, and if you’re under 18 years old get your parents’ or guardians’ permission.
- Keep it real. Please don’t ‘spam’, everyone hates it. To us, ‘spamming’ includes, but is not limited to, sending identical and irrelevant submissions, posting one word posts, or advertising or promoting other products and services. These posts may be removed by us at our discretion, and will not count towards your total post count.
- Respect the Love My Rotto community. We think the Love My Rotto community is pretty special, so please don’t abuse our site. We like giving second chances but any violations of these Community Guidelines or our Acceptable Use Policy may result in removal of your content or termination of your account, with or without warning. We reserve the right to reject or delete any content you submit for any reason.
- • If you see something on our site that causes you concern, email us at email@example.com Please include a link to the relevant content and your reasons for objecting to it. You can also report content you think is inappropriate by clicking the ‘report’ button located next to all photos, videos and stories.
Please be aware that videos, photos, stories and comments posted to the Love My Rotto website do not represent the opinions of Rottnest Express. Rottnest Express does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statement made here.